OurWorlds institutes a fair use policy for all personal and specific limited-commercial use of its written, photographic and visual media. Minimum requirements for different applications of use are described below. Not adhering to our non-commercial licensing agreement may result in the use of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to provision take-down notices and/or issue penalties for potential earnings lost without prior notice given.
YouTube Minimum Requirements
For all YouTube use, please contact us prior for approval. For all media used on YouTube by YouTube Creators specifically (commercial entities with a YouTube channel will need to need to seek specific licensing approval) the following should be adhered to:
- End CTA in video to include embedded OurWorlds channel button and/or embedded link to original OurWorlds video.
- No other watermarks or changes (artistic or otherwise) are to be added at any time.
- The OurWorlds website to be featured in description and a link to the original OurWorlds video if not embedded as per above.
- Re-uploading OurWorlds media in its entirety without written approval is not permitted at any time.
Instagram Minimum Requirements
Re-sharing and/or re-posting OurWorlds content created by OurWorlds for the OurWorlds Instagram is allowed without the need for prior approval. For creating new posts using OurWorlds content not already on Instagram requires pre-approval. In all instances, posts must have:
- “@ourworldsco” to be included and clickable to the OurWorlds Instagram page in the description before the “read more” description seperator and must include “#ourworlds” and/or “ourworldsco” hashtags.
Facebook Minimum Requirements
- Re-sharing existing posts or posting links to OurWorlds media content is permitted at all times.
- Re-uploading OurWorlds media is not permitted at any time, regardless if content is linked to us or not.
Website & Blog Minimum Requirements
Pingbacks and citation should always be used when referencing OurWorlds written media. Fair use of imagery and written media specifically is allowed for small blogs & websites provided watermarks are not cropped and clear and concise, clickable links & text is used to cite OurWorlds as the original content owner where applicable.
Businesses or enterprises including but not limited to: theme parks, hotels & resorts, travel organisations, television & film production companies, ad agencies and broadcasters require the use of a paid license prior to the use of any OurWorlds media and content. Unauthorised commercial use of any OurWorlds content unless stated otherwise is strictly forbidden and subsequent take-down notices and/or penalties for potential earnings lost may be issued without prior notice given.
How to contact OurWorlds
Please use the form below for any further questions regarding licensing. For non-commercial licensing requests, please include appropriate links to similar examples of work and scope where available.